Monday, March 26, 2012

Novella Read-A-Thon Wrap-up

Thought I'd do a quick post to wrap up my weekend Novella/Short Story Read-a-thon.

I visited so many different worlds this weekend!  And enjoyed them all.

I got a little bit of a slow start on Saturday.  The morning was pretty well shoot in the foot with taking one of the girls to the vet and the kid to training.  Then I was feeling so exhausted in the afternoon.  I read a little bit, but dozed off some.  Then went to the movies, and read some more when got home.  But didn't feel like I got very far.

Sunday.  Sunday was a better day for me.  I woke up and started reading.  I even canceled my regular trip to see my dad to relax at home and vegetate.  Only place I went was to the grocery store.  Then I did watch Once Upon a Time with reading on the commercials.  By 9:30 my eyes were tired from all the reading, so I listened to two episodes of my current podcast story.

So what did I get through?  Here's the list:

  • Magic by Gaslight by Philippa Ballantine
  • Defender of Magic by S.A. Archer & S. Ravynheart
  • Questing Beast by Ilona Andrews
  • A Mere Formality by Ilona Andrews
  • Curran POV 3 by Ilona Andrews
  • Gimme Shelter edited by J.R. Blackwell
  • Dead Drop: A Lawson Vampire Bonus Story by Jon F. Merz
  • Love, Death, and Loneliness by Douglas Brown

I'm a slow reader.  I wanted to get through so many more.  I had more on the Nook ready to read, and short stories printed on the desk waiting for me.

I might have to do this again in the future.  It was nice to visit so many worlds, and feel like I was getting somewhere.  But right now, I have lots of work to do to review all these for you. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a fab job on the read-a-thon! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! I didn't think Saturday would result in any reads at first. I think it was the mood with the weather. :) But worked out to a nice reading weekend.

      Delete

Sorry, got 106 spam comments in less than 24hrs. Had to turn on again.

I love comments! Please share your thoughts. I will respond here in the comments back to you.

I'll try again without word verification, but if Spammers get out of hand again I'll turn it back on.

Thank you for visiting!