Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Novella Read-A-Thon

I'm on a Novella kick lately.  I've been acquiring them since I got the Nook for Christmas.  And all are stories I very much want to read.  So, I want to get through a few.  Yes, I'm a slower reader than many of you, and these take me a little bit longer than an hour to get through....along with regular, normal, mundane life stuff going on.

So, I decided I want to do a:
Novella (Short Story)
Read-A-Thon!
If you want to join, please do.  But this is pretty much just a plan for me to get through as many of these novella's as I can.

Photobucket

I'm only doing this over a weekend.  I could probably do a week long, but I think a weekend will give me a good chunk of time to focus on Novella's then get back to my regularly scheduled reading.

Start Time:
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 12:01 am.  Okay, so I won't be up at that hour.  When I wake up will be the starts of it for me.

Finish Time:
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 11:59 pm.  And again, I do work during the week, so I'll stop when I go to bed. ;)

What I plan to Read:  (no need to share this if you are joining, I am so I have a line up ready for me.)
  1. Magic by Gaslight by Philippa Ballantine (which I might read before hand as I don't know if I can wait!)
  2. Gimme Shelter - this is a short anthology, and I think will be perfect for this fun read-a-thon
  3. Dead Drop: A Lawson Vampire Bonus Story by Jon F. Merz
  4. Retro Demonology (Demon Trappers Series) by Jana Oliver
  5. The First Dragoneer by M.R. Mathias
  6. Curran (POV #1) by Gordon Andrews (I have POV #2 & #3 & Magic Gifts, but can't read yet with where I am in series)
  7. A Mere Formality by Ilona Andrews
  8. Questing Beast by Ilona Andrews
  9. Blindsight by Kait Nolan
  10. Love, Death, and Loneliness by Douglas Brown
Doesn't seem like many, but I know life will get mixed in their too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you have lots of fun with these!! Love some novellas. Others you just wish were so much longer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That's definitely an awesome idea. If I had more novellas, I'd totally join! Sadly, I seem to have tons of huge books instead. Lol. I hope they're good at least. ;)

    Hope you'll enjoy your novellas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa (Books&Things) - Yes, novellas can go eiter way. I have a few there that are beginnings of series, so I'm sure I'll be searching for the books soon after this. ;D Thank you!

    Rebecca (Kindle Fever) - Thank you! Glad you liked the idea. I've been collecting these for a few months now and want to get to them. :) But I know the feeling of the novel collection too. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, got 106 spam comments in less than 24hrs. Had to turn on again.

I love comments! Please share your thoughts. I will respond here in the comments back to you.

I'll try again without word verification, but if Spammers get out of hand again I'll turn it back on.

Thank you for visiting!