Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Please don't laugh at me.  I am having troubles with the new response programs some of you are using.  Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

I am a blogger that when I leave a comment I like to click the little box to email me comments.  Call me crazy, go ahead. :) I know, many of you respond to every comment on your blog, and if you don't that is okay too because other people comment and I like reading their thoughts on the books and miscellaneous stuff too.  I read the other replies and sometimes I will come back for another comment.  But I like reading everyones thoughts.

Now to my confusion...

Many bloggers are trying out a new commenting system.  This is very nice and neat.  I like it.  BUT, I can't seem to get it to work for me with getting the replies emailed to me.  SO, I don't know if you are replying to my comment without revisiting every site again.  I got spoiled with getting it in my email.

When I leave a comment I fill in all the squares: my blog url, my name, and my email address.  On the drop down box I have tried selecting both the options: Replies and All New Comments.  Then click Submit.  I get the email to activate IntenseDebate and click to do so every time.

Then nothing.

I think I may be missing something and wanted to ask for your help.  What am I doing wrong?  Or not doing?

5 comments:

  1. The commenting system within blogger or something else? I think that blogger sometimes has a hard time with things that aren't specifically designed for it. I've used things and it works and then suddenly doesn't. Often it is a upgrade on one thing or another and has to be reconfigured. I'm sure I didn't help any... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - There is the new commenting system a few bloggers are using Intense Debate. I was leaving comments and not getting the replies they left as an email. But, Thanks to Jackie @ http://jacaburintexas.blogspot.com/ it seems to be working now. I wasn't signed in to the Intense Debate to get the replies. Actually I never signed up to be a member. Now I am. And it seems to be working now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, not my cup of tea but a great review all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen Intense Debate, but like you, I like getting follow up comments via email. Will try to remember to sign up if I see any bloggers using it. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyson - Thank you for liking the review and stopping by.

    Alexia - You're welcome for the heads up. I was confused but now I think I am straightened out. ;) Hope it helps you.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, got 106 spam comments in less than 24hrs. Had to turn on again.

I love comments! Please share your thoughts. I will respond here in the comments back to you.

I'll try again without word verification, but if Spammers get out of hand again I'll turn it back on.

Thank you for visiting!