Wednesday, July 31, 2019

No Comment System for a while

Hi all. I wanted to do a post to let you know I've turned off commenting for a few days, maybe a week.

I've been hit with several spammers that have commented on about every post on my blog with their garbage comment. I'm hoping by turning comments off they will go away and not return.

It was so bad that I'd received over 3,000 spam comments in a 3 day span. That's bad. I couldn't even keep up with marking as spam or deleting with how fast they were commenting. I wish Blogger had an easy way of dealing with these people/bots as they post. I know emails recognize things as spam, so why can't they create a code to figure that out with comments? I don't know. Too much money? Who knows.

But, since comments will be off for a little while, there will be no more posts going up. I've got plenty of reviews to share but if you can't comment, I don't want to post them. I have two audio book tour posts to go up next week, so I'm hoping this will be resolved by then.

Take care and enjoy your day!
Melissa