The Merge by Grace WalkerI DNF-ed this book. I just couldn't get into their lives. I made it to page 88 and had no interest, so stopped.
It's a scifi about merging spirits or minds between people. They didn't give me anything to go on with what was to happen with the characters in the process. I had no connection to the world in why it was doing what it was doing and pushing this process. The story felt very one dimensional for me. No depth to it. It was just the characters and I felt I wasn't connecting with them or their personal lives.
The main character's mother's story felt more interesting than our FMC. I'm sorry. I know they are the same story, but experiences and views were more interesting from the mom for me.
There were memories they did together and the writing style didn't seem to separate them out from the current story for me, so left me a little unsure where we were and what doing.
Even though this isn't for me, I did read this with the book club and many of them did enjoy this book. A couple wanted more from the ending, but enjoyed the book.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry, got 106 spam comments in less than 24hrs. Had to turn on again.
I love comments! Please share your thoughts. I will respond here in the comments back to you.
Thank you for visiting!