Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Book Review: Alchemy of Secrets by Stephanie Garber

Alchemy of Secrets (Alchemy of Secrets, #1)Alchemy of Secrets by Stephanie Garber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've had this on the shelf for a little while and finally got to reading it.

I really did enjoy it.

It had a more noir, old time magic feel to the story told.

Holland figures out there's a secret society and it's full of magic! She is take with the legends and stories that are told. With these in mind, she searches through Los Angelos to find and learn more and more and prove that these stories are true. And there's a deeper reason for this search with her family history.

As she's looking for the truth and proof, Holland gets tied up into something she never imagined and dangerous.

The ending had me curious and interested as I wanted to see how it all ended.

I found it neat in how the circle comes back around to explain how and why things happened as they did in the story. I was thinking there were hazy pieces in the story or a plot hole. The ending explains why these events happened with this hazy and holes.

A bit of mystery with magic with what's happening and figuring out who to trust. I was flip flopping back and forth on who was the "bad" guy and I'm still not 100% sure. lol. The way the story ended, I'm hoping there will be book two with these characters. I want to see more with her sister and I'm interested in hearing more about who we meet in the end.

So pretty good book with secret magic and legends.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, got 106 spam comments in less than 24hrs. Had to turn on again.

I love comments! Please share your thoughts. I will respond here in the comments back to you.

Thank you for visiting!