The Dungeon Anarchist's Cookbook by Matt DinnimanMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
#1 I'm really enjoying this world.
#2... Hold on. Back to #1. There's SO MUCH to this world that's available to play with. There is just so much there! It can make for humor. It can make for sad. It can make for friendships. It can make for ALL the worse things that could happen. Just so much potential. And I'm really liking this.
#2 I'm going to repeat this with every book. The Narrator. The Narrator. THE NARRATOR! I've loved Jeff's work for years. This is the one he shines like a huge dimond in. (Really, all his work is amazing.) Everyone he brings in with him is amazing. (This book has 1 guest voice join him. He does all the rest of the voices!)
I enjoyed this book. But...I struggled with this book at the same time. I did the audiobook, which I HIGHLY recommend, but maybe reading it would have given me a chance to see and try to grasp what was happening with the trains... or maybe not. I'm thinking this was intentionally made to be confusing, even for readers. I was trying really hard to visualize the train track system. It's confusing! Even Carl in the book's confused about it. And a few others too. At least one or two got it and solved it. At one point in the book, I was like don't worry about the train system, the author will get it all worked out. I put my faith in Matt Dinniman for this.
This then opened up my mind to focus on all the other things happening in the book. Katia becomes important as to how she plays into their team and battles. Which then ties in other characters in their path... Hekla, Donut, and other teams. So much.
This is a must listen/read. Must. Must.
Onward to the next book!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry, got 106 spam comments in less than 24hrs. Had to turn on again.
I love comments! Please share your thoughts. I will respond here in the comments back to you.
Thank you for visiting!