Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cover Release: Outpost & A Short Story: Endurance

Have you seen the cover for Outpost by Ann Aguirre?  It's available over at Heroes and Heartbreakers.com along with the novella short story Endurance.  So, go read Endurance (you do have to log on, but it's free to join their site).  Endurance is a story with Thimble and Stone, friends of Duece's in the Enclave.


{UPDATED June 18, 2012} It seems Endurance was free for only a promotional period, and not any longer. Do look for the ebook coming.

Freaky new cover, right!?!  I love it! The hand just makes it all the creepier.  I can't wait to get this one, my son and I enjoyed reading Enclave together, and reviewed it together.  (In case you would like to hear his thoughts, keep in mind he was 12 years old.)  And I think this will be so fun to read this one with him as well.

Outpost
By:  Ann Aguirre
Due Out:  September 4, 2012

Blurb from Ann Aguirre's Site:
SALVATION ISN’T AS SAFE AS IT SEEMS.
Deuce’s whole world has changed. Now living topside in a community called Salvation, she has a whole new set of problems. Down below, she was considered an adult, and she contributed to the whole. Now, topside, the people of Salvation think she’s a brat in need of training. She hates school, and she doesn’t fit in with the other girls. They’ve spent their lives learning to cook and sew–suitable woman’s work. Deuce only knows how to fight. To make matters worse, Fade keeps her at a distance, and the band of four has broken into fragments.
Stalker presses for a closer relationship, but Deuce sees him as a training partner, and she’s busy trying to find her place in Salvation. She refuses to accept that she’s wrong for being who she is, but tensions rise as she struggles against the status quo. Her feelings for Fade haven’t changed, but he seems not to want her around anymore. Confused and lonely, she starts looking for a way out.
Once she’s free from school for the year, Deuce pursues a chance to serve in the summer patrols–those responsible for making sure the growers and planters can work the fields without danger of Freak attack. It should have been routine, little fighting, but things have been changing on surface, just as they did below ground. The Freaks are smarter. They’re watching. Waiting. Planning. The monsters don’t intend to let Salvation survive, and it will take a girl like Deuce to turn the tide.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't heard about these, but it sounds like awesome sauce!

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth D. Oh, I love Ann Aguirre's writing. And this YA trilogy just started, this is book two. But I got the first book and read it with my son. He loved it! Really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed it as well, along with reading it with him. So, I can't wait to get to the rest of this trilogy with him. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Yep... this is one I need to get. You both should review this one together as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa (boosk&Things) I'm hoping he will read it with me like the first book. :) He is looking forward to this one, so I'm thinking I can pull it off with him. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This is definitely a creepy cover than Enclave - but I like it! Just need to read Enclave now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, It really is! LOL! but I love it too! And yes, I do hope you enjoy Enclave when you get to it. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Jeepers creepers..i need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimba, I REALLY think you would enjoy this series. Now, I've only read the first book because that is all that's out yet, but I really enjoyed it. And the kid loved it as well. :) Do hope you get to give it a try someday. :)

      Delete
  5. OMG, I love this cover. It is so creepy and eerie. Awesome find. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer L Bielman! Thank you! So glad you liked this cover. I was so surprised they did such a great job with the creepy feel. :D

      Delete
  6. I have a question that I hope someone can answer.... How do I read endurance??? I have visited the site many times and I have registered, yet I'm not able to read the story and I REALLY WANT TO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I tried to go over as well. It looks like it's not up any longer. I bet it was only available for a short time, as a promotion. It does look like it'll be coming out in ebook format too, but not sure when. I'm sorry! I'll have to note that on the post.

      Delete

Sorry, got 106 spam comments in less than 24hrs. Had to turn on again.

I love comments! Please share your thoughts. I will respond here in the comments back to you.

I'll try again without word verification, but if Spammers get out of hand again I'll turn it back on.

Thank you for visiting!